21 September 2015

The Story of Bug (4 Years Today)

I kept getting this nagging feeling that we should hit the pound. It lasted about a week. Nagging, nagging and nagging me, until four years ago today, Tim came home and as soon as he got in the door I said, "we gotta go to the pound."

"Why?"

"I dunno. But we gotta go today."

So we did and as soon as we opened the door to where the pups were all held, there was Bug. Front right kennel, all bones and sitting there as if to say, "What took you so long?"

I turned to Tim and pointed at her and said, "That's why we're here."

We got her on the spot and at the counter I asked them, how long had she been here. The guys said, "about a week. We just brought her out. We had her in the back because she wasn't healthy enough to be adopted yet."  He explained that she and her sister were found in a ditch.  Her sister had just been adopted. Then he added, "good thing you got her, she would not have lasted the weekend." Meaning she was too cute and would be adopted quickly.

And let me tell ya about Bug, her full name is Bogár which is relative to Bug in Hungarian. She is a loud mouth little brat and I love her to bits. She is super smart and if I cut or burn myself in the kitchen, Bug makes a mad dash to check on me. She's half shepherd, half beagle and all trouble.

Her hobbies include stealing all of Tim's hats, snuggling with her sister, holding hands (she loves that), and licking Tim's stinky after work bald head (her most favorite).





39 comments:

  1. She was so fortunate you came along when you did! Now you can bring joy to each others' lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my stars! Is she the cutest dog evah!! Gotta love it when that nagging feeling is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely story, truly heartwarming. Dogs are so wonderful at making a house a home. Happy anniversary to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is cute. And a dog's confusion chasing snowballs never gets old.
    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
  5. She ended up right where she was meant to be:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best. Story. Ever. I just love this. Bug is the cutest. Just the cutest. I want to reach into the screen and give him a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. <3 I don't like bugs, but I love Bug! <3

    Two of my favorite-favoritest breeds mixed together. Virtual hug for Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never like going to the pound, I feel bad I can't adopt them all

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rescuing animals is a great thing to do!
    Kudos to you and Tim...
    Enjoy your week...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww! Happy forever home day! Both pups are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwww.....they are precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kindness warms my heart even more than your super delicious sugar candy thingies, you are a wonderful human being hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  13. and I love the winter photos, i love winter lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh and if ever you sell your baking good and can do so for Canada (Quebec) I would so buy!!! just so you know i don't bake I can barely cook....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lorraine, and you a French Girl???

    Love Bug. I so wish I had a pup these days but no can do.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great story! Bug is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cuteness! Overload! They're. Too. Adorable. to be seen. Together!! Aaahh!! *dies from all the adorableness*

    They are such sweeties. I loved your story. So good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is how I got my first cat, Harriet. I had never owned a cat before and was awake all night because I *needed* to get a cat in the morning. It was going to be calico. I went to the cat rescue, opened the cat room door and she sat up and meowed. She put her head on my shoulder and started to purr. I turned and went out the door.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So lovely to read and look at your photo's.
    Bug is adorable.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, Guys - For the great comments.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet looking face. Awwww.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the way you got your fabulous pup .... you were obviously being sent "come and get me" vibes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. how sweet! Never ignore those gut feelings that's for sure! I'm a sucker for these kinds of stories... I too have a pet I rescued ...2 actually...and they are my life. Bug is a beauty :-D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful to hear that yours are pound puppies too. It's the only way we'll get ours.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi,
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO BUG.
    THEY ARE SO CUTE, JUST LIKE TIN AND YOU..

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a sweetheart! You were all meant to be together :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I saw Bug in the picture on your post today and came to find her story... we got Big Boy from a shelter, Oct 1 2018. Bug is beatuiful, i love both names and the story melted my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra! Thanks for stopping in. Love the post with the eyes. Pups rock! Yeah, But really was a wee little thing. Thanks for taking the time to read. Pups melt my heart too.

      Delete
  28. I have never heard the story of bug even after all these years. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matt! Thanks for reading her story. She's really loud when you guys game and she was all tude from the start. All bones too. Sweet pup though. Thanks for stopping in today.

      Delete