04 May 2015

Because THAT'S How I Roll

Today, I worked in the lab on yet another funky monkey waffle formula, using homemade flours of millet, flax and oat groat. I got the taste right but the science is off. No matter, back in the lab tomorrow for another go.

Because that's the fun of it.

Know what else is fun? Being done by 4PM on a Monday. AND, my kitchen is clean and supper is ready for reheat. We're having chicken & waffles (leftover from the weekend). But first, I'm off to shower and sip licorice root tea.

YUM!

PS: I kept eating bits and pieces as I peeled them off the waffle iron. Which gave me three new ideas.

I love that.


26 comments:

  1. What on earth are you doing to your waffle down there? They look all broken up by it!

    I try to never sip licorice root tea in my shower LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, licorice root tea in the shower. Well, you're not wrong, that's how it reads. Only no tea in the shower for me.

      Happy Monday & Boogie Boogie :-)

      Delete
  2. They may not look like they should but I bet they were yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had a nice taste, so I ate half of them. Pups are getting the rest tonight.

      Delete
  3. Toss those broken waffles over here, please !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you perfect it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure the dogs will appreciate the extras!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a Happy Monday & Boogie Boogie too ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love writing, it was a great day. Hope yours was killer.

      Delete
  7. Waffles sound extremely good right about now:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a fun day...for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's all just a lot of waffle isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. They tasted yummy, but the innards were missing. Too many bubbles.

      Delete
  11. I would love to watch you working in your secret lab. Do you ever have moments when you say out loud "muahahahahaha"?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The waffles look good. I need to check into that licorice tea. I love licorice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rather love, Traditional Medicinals Organic Throat Care. They have two at my store, one with lemon echinacea and one without.

      Also available online through their site and you can see all the ingredients.

      Delete
  13. Love those bits and pieces. Good with PB too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, peanut butter is good. Have you ever made your own? It's heavenly.

      Delete