13 March 2014

75 DAYS BLOGGING

As of yesterday, I am excited about blogging again.  Which was day 74 in a row.  Only I didn't know it was until I added the days from this year and last.  And, I gotta say, last week I really wanted to stop but something told me to keep going and I am glad I did because today, I've got more food.

If you read yesterday's post, you know about my Garbanzo Crunch.  Today, I'm going for Cinnamon Sugar using Habichuelas Romanas (Roman Bean).  I got them because they reminded me of the Rattlesnake beans I used to grow and eat for breakfast with brown rice and Hungarian sauce.

So flippin' good.

As for these, not sure how they will work, since garden fresh heirloom is the best.  But since I got these little cans next to nothing (w/coupons/sale), I'm giving them a go.

Wish me luck and boogie boogie.

25 comments:

  1. Speaking of Hungarian food... my all time fave is Duna Kavics... a type of candied peanuts which look like colourful rocks. I have my own smugglers who bring me lovely Hungarian treats over the border :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS you can find the photo of my today's PLUM AND RUM CUPCAKES at my Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/miroslavbasicpalkovic

      Delete
    2. I will sign on after this and check out your dessert. Very cool that you have friends to bring you treats.

      Delete
  2. Hope they're good! Never heard of rattlesnake beans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were too beany. Where the Garbanzo wasn't.

      Delete
  3. Well? *drumroll*.......verdict?
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too beany. But I did get an idea for a wrap filling. So far though, Garbanzo takes the lead.

      Delete
  4. Rattlesnake beans is another new one to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What the heck are rattlesnake beans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tender and delicious if grown from home, and eaten off the vine.

      Delete
  6. Hola ....esta clase de frijol no la ubico,pero se que todos me gustan sobre todo los que dan el caldo oscuro,saludos y abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me encantan los frijoles en la sopa. Maravilloso. Gracias por su visita. Abrazos.

      Delete
  7. they weren't baked in a day

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love beans! My favorite meals I learned from my dad-in-law are red beans and sausage and black beans. He was Spanish and had the best recipes. I hope it turned out well!!

    Elsie
    AJ's wHooligan in the A-Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good. Nothing like a good bean, cooked with other goodies.

      Delete
  9. Wow! Never had a sweet version of crunchy chickpeas before, hope they turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am out of Garbanzo so I had to go Roman. The Romans didn't work as well. They were more bean-kneeeeee. Where the Garbanzo just took to whatever I put on top. Love the crunch.

      Delete
  10. Happy 75 days blogging! Good luck with these beans.

    ReplyDelete