06 March 2014

Stick a Fork in Me

Stick a fork in me, I'm done.  That's right, all my coupons are clipped and away.  Took nearly all of yesterday.  I never ever, not ever, want to get that far behind AGAIN.

Meanwhile, my vegan vanilla pudding turned custard.  Needs modifications but there's a good base to work with.  And the turn in texture gave me an idea for a vegan lemon curd pie. 

That's about all from me.  I'm soon to hit the market for produce and hopefully, free crapper paper.  Then home to whip up a sweet and spicy soup, using the veg stock I made last week.  Then get this, Poopyhead has a THREE DAY weekend.  Hot digity ding dong, I'm a Happy Whisk.

Cheers and boogie boogie.

18 comments:

  1. Ha! Getting paid to shop IS fun! I need to get caught up still too. The last time I was this far behind, I said I was never going to get this far behind again. I wish I would have stuck with that plan ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I said the same thing last time. Although this time was WAY worse than last time so maybe I'll remember NOT to do this again.

      Oy.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. No bean curd in yesterday's batch. Though I do enjoy silken bean curd chocolate pudding.

      So flippin' good.

      Delete
  3. Again with the poopyhead? A headlock is on its way. Special delivery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see your headlock, and I raise you a freshly baked batch of pepperoni cheese bread.

      Delete
  4. Enjoy the long weekend with YOUR LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three days! Yeah!

    I love lemon curd, homemade. I've rarely had a store bought one that taste good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can believe that. Tin curd doesn't appeal to me, either. Icky stuff.

      Delete
  6. Three days? You might as well make some babies in that time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A headlock is supposed to be raised with a noogie or a wedgie or very least an indian burn but that is offensive and not politically correct. A wet willy is a little too much in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew, sounds like coupon clipping is like balancing the checkbook--not good to get behind on, or it's a big chore! Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three day weekends are always called for!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I once worked at a grocery store in my first job years and saw one guy get more powerade than you could imagine. Told the clerk "I'm going to pay nothing". Scanned his coupons, didn't give up a cent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I'm hoping to make a lemon meringue pie this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you and your snuggle bunny are sleeping in, then enjoying the warm couch with your puppies today. Great job on catching up!

    ReplyDelete