25 March 2014

Curve Ball Kitchen

Yesterday I started my bake session late.  This, along with a few curve balls, made me cranky.  Regardless, I still had to write food so I did and boy, do I LOVE these peanut butter dog biscuits.  Somewhere between the size of a nickle and a quarter, these babies make for fantastic training treats.

So excited.

Only problem, is they're a bit crumbly.  Just enough to require another draft, which I'm happy to do.  For me, writing food is a curious process of different stages that in the end, all come together.  I love that.  Love it.  Love it.

Meanwhile, on the human side, I tested a combination of spelt flour (ancient grain), along with strong flour (higher protein/gluten flour), into a flatbread (or wrap), and it was yummy.  Next round I'll change the percentages and eventually, go full spelt.  Tasting each time I go and noting texture, easy of use and all that good stuff.

I love this.

And that wraps my post for the day.  I'm headed to the kitchen to make pizzelles, both human and puppy-safe.   I'm excited because if all goes well, we're hitting the Barnes cafe bar tonight.  Tim writes and I study food.  I just made myself giggle.  Because if I'm not writing/testing food, I'm reading or watching it.  I might have a problem.  But that's okay.

Happy Tuesday and boogie boogie.

Here's the fork design, two ways.

24 comments:

  1. I'm sure the dogs didn't mind crumbly.
    Now, go full spelt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your last line made me laugh out loud. Maybe I'm just giggly today but that sounds like a good post title, for down the line.

      Delete
  2. I'm not showing my dogs your posts...they may want you to be their mom! lol. Have fun at Barnes tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will give you some next time we hang out and I'll make sure to make Cliff something without peanut butter.

      Delete
  3. I hope you get to Barnes cafe bar tonight. That'll be fun, and a reward for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really looking forward to tonight. Just finished all my bakes for the day. Took pictures. Have to see how they came out.

      Delete
  4. How come the dogs got peanut butter cookies and I got carrot sticks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got something better for you. Almond pizzelles. All yours. I also made Wiggy and Bug their own. Wiggy is thrilled.

      Delete
  5. Your dogs are lucky, in most of the countries around the world not even people have peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone that has access to peanuts can make peanut butter. It's super easy and way better than the mass-market stuff.

      Delete
  6. Man, those dog treats look like cookies! And now I want a peanut butter cookie! :)

    Have fun at B&N.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humans can eat these too, but they aren't as sweet and crumble a little too easily.

      Thanks. Can't wait to go.

      Delete
  7. They do look like human could it them - they look that terrific! I love B&N. Have you tried their Oreo Stack? To die for. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, never had it. We like to share a drink when we are there. Very fun.

      Yes, a human could eat these, but they aren't sweet like human cookies/biscuits. They are though, filled with peanut butter goodness.

      Cheers and boogie boogie.

      Delete
  8. my first though upon seeing your new header was that those peanut butter cookies looked delicious and I wanted one. lol. You could package those, I think, sell them to high end pet stores.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have very lucky dogs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, peanut butter treats for the dogs?

    They're spoiled and lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a good time tonight, those dogs sure are lucky

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tell which treats they like more over others, which is helpful. Hope you have a groovy day.

      Delete
  12. They look tasty...every dog I've ever had would go for them!

    ReplyDelete