05 September 2013

SOCK IT

Check it out.  Almost free socks.  Paid 99 cents for each six pack.  And if I wanted to use my Kmart Rewards, I would have paid zero.  But I'm saving my Rewards for more free crapper paper.  Details on that, once I do the transaction.

Anyway, last week the register spit out coupons for $5 off any socks (costing $5 or more).  Got two of those coupons.  Found socks for $5.99, no tax where I live, so 99 cents.

But wait, that's not even the best part.  Both of my transactions printed even MORE coupons.  Which I had a feeling it would, and that's why I didn't get Tim's jeans with the socks.  Glad I listened to my gut because now, we'll get $5 in Rewards added to our key card, just for buying jeans that I was going to get him anyway.

Pretty cool.

As for the $5 off $35 purchase ... I will use that coupon if it figures well into my crapper paper run.  This will depend on store stock, my coupons and all that good stuff.

Then the last one, $10/50 isn't bad if I needed more towels and household stuff.  So since we just scored towels I might pass.  Or if they go on sale cheap again, I might go for it.

Just depends.

If you want to start couponing and have any questions, you can ask them here or email me.  I'm happy to share.

PS: For those who read Tim's blog.  Yes, I did eat all the chocolate.  What can I say?  I was in the Halloween spirit and before I knew it, all the chocolate had been gobbled up.

Total: $1.98 for 12 Pair



28 comments:

  1. Hey, those are nice quality socks too. And you are Queen of Free Crapper Paper, no doubt about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got these in the boy's department. Super soft and comfy. Not bad for 99 cents a pack.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm sorry yours is gone. Ours is rumored to be going soon as well.

      Delete
  3. You're the one saving the money - eat all the chocolate you like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim's a pretty darn good saver himself. We haven't paid for computer paper in a year now. It's great for printables.

      Delete
  4. Good deal! Tonight I hope to score a dollar off a gallon of gas when we cash in our Kroger points. Can use up to 35 gallons at that offer, so we make sure both cars are running on fumes so we can get as close to that amount as possible. 35 dollars is 35 dollars!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great savings. I don't have a Kroger but I have been in them and like them. We use to have one here though. Before my time.

      Delete
  5. Never apologize for eating all the chocolate, Whisk!

    And I do miss K-mart. They closed all the ones in Texas about 14 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was when K-Mart was in Chapter 11 bankruptcy I believe. They were getting their butts handed to them by Walmart and Target. So the bankruptcy trustee had a major going-out-of-business sale here to raise money to keep the other stores going and pay off some debt. I snagged several collector's Barbies at half-price.

      Delete
    2. I am happy ours has held on for so long. Did you shop there a lot?

      Now that I coupon, I don't do Wally World nearly even close to as much as before. It's a nice feeling.

      Cool beans on the Collector's Barbies. And half-price. Woohoo.

      Delete
  6. Amazing! You are the queen of savings. I bow to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, I'm impressed with your savings. I really should learn how to coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sock it to 'em Whisk!! Get it? Get it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love buying socks at sales, especially when I can match them with my shirts :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. $1.98 for 12 pairs of socks is so awesome. That is a super deal. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to bad, eh? And when I get Tim's jeans, five free bucks goes on my Rewards card. Free crappper paper, here I come.

      Delete
  11. Chocolate, of course, cannot be passed up, therefore...

    ReplyDelete