17 September 2013

Chubba Bubba Mondays: Step Foward

How was your week?  Because I gotta say, its been a damn good one for me.  The back pain continues to decline as does the swelling.  Last doctor's visit, I felt my doctor touch each point in my spine.  That's how much the swelling has decreased.

I am happy and excited to keep moving forward.

Meanwhile, this past weekend I purposely washed and dried my Farmer Joe Jeans on HOT.  And they're STILL too big.  Add to it, that the swelling in my hands is also down, and yesterday at work, my medium gloves kept bunching.

These are fun problems to have.

But best of all, is that I'm maintaining energy for house projects.  And even though I didn't finish the office haul-out last Saturday as planned, I still went ahead and bought my equinox gifts because I am a grown up and I can do that.

And dig this, the new plates are 22cm (almost 9in).  If I'd bought these last year, I would have also purchased the platters at 30cm (almost 12 in).  Where now, there's no need for honkin' big plates.  And that is very cool step forward.

Check them out.  I love them.  They make me so happy.

Spiced Chocolate Latte with Vanilla & Brown Sugar
(made from scratch)
Ordered Last Night from Yankee Candle (with coupon)

34 comments:

  1. Let's hear it for shrinkage!
    And you're right. You're a grown woman. You can splurge and spend money whenever you want.
    My wife does...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had planned to wait but if I did, I would have missed the sale - and we can't have that :-)

      Delete
  2. Whooot! Glad to hear all your hard work is paying off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good news is, it doesn't feel anything like hard work, at all.

      Delete
  3. Very nice. I haven't bought plates in YEARS. Heck, I still use the plates I bought before I got married. Guess that makes them around 35 years old! I love Correlle. Or at least what Correlle USED to sell.

    Great job on the weight loss. I'm very happy for you. I went up a pound. Damn hormones! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some nice pieces from before I got married as well. Fun stuff.

      Darn hormones, you'll get those buggers next week. Thanks for stopping by.

      Here's to solid week ahead.

      Delete
  4. Lovely gifts but I'm salivating over the hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, very nice stuff. And I agree. we're adults now. We can have cake for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go, girl! Sounds like you're doing great. Your hard work is rewarding you. I've been exercising steadily for this whole month and I have to say that I feel terrific. I should buy myself something, or pick up something fun for the house. I'm a grown woman, too, so I can do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and even better, it doesn't feel like hard work at all. Just a regular way of life again, and I love that the most.

      Glad you are feeling terrific. That's wonderful news. Thanks for sharing it.

      What fun thing are you thinking of getting?

      Delete
    2. Some nice picture frames to put my photography in would be great :)

      Delete
  7. Wow! You're doing great. Keep it up...or down ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic news. So happy for you. :)

    Love those dishes! Really love the look of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I like how they aren't each one perfect but a little wiggle to them.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations to you, my dear! I'm so happy to hear about less pain. =)

    I love that Halloween decoration. Very Poe!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sell them at Yankee Candle - wax burners. Very cool. Can't wait for it to get here.

      Delete
  10. That scary stories statue is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you're still doing well. I think it's a good idea for you to have stopped on the clear out before it pushed you to the point to exhaustion.

    I really like the dishwear. Very clean, crisp and elegant. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just little bits daily. Been working well for me. I'm about to break for a snack now.

      Thanks on the dishes. I sit at the table and use them and they make me so happy.

      Just so pretty.

      Delete
  12. Good that the back pain is lessening.

    I do like that scary stories sculpture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cool, eh? You can get it at Yankee Candle stores (though ours was out). Or order it online. They've got some neat Halloween goodies.

      Delete
  13. nice little rustic mugs and plates, ideal for Autumn country meals and warm beverages

    ReplyDelete