27 December 2012

I Don't Wanna go to Work

After having a few days off in a row, I don't want to go back.  Noppers.  Not even a wee bit.  I'd rather stay home and write bakes and then put them in the oven.  But I gotta go, so I might as well quit my griping.

Meanwhile, here's how overage works.  Overage is when an item is less than the value of the coupon.  In this case, floss at 97 cents, with a coupon valued at a buck.

Wally World pays overage which means they will either cash out the three cents and pay me or, if there's other items on the belt, apply that three cents to the rest of my order.

You'll see here that at the end of my receipt, the total was negative 6 cents.  But since my tape had a 6 cents tax, the overage covered it, making the entire transaction free.

And that's how we stockpile.

Stay warm and eat well.



11 comments:

  1. Free - you are so good at that!
    Sorry about work. At least you had Christmas off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex: That's okay, I knew the staycation would come to an end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we had coupons in my country :( EXTREME COUPONING at TLC is one of my fave shows :) Especially when they do coupon shopping for charities....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the feeling well. I always had to motivate myself with that paycheck. Money is a huge motivating factor!

    At least you'll be able to go outside and enjoy all that snow! That's if you enjoy driving in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suck it up cupcake. I had to go today too. I shoveled you out and cleaned off your car and got it warmed up. All you needed to do was show up and look pretty. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I don't blame you for not wanting to go to work. Not even a little bit. I am dreading going back and I have until next Tuesday night!

    AND I will have you know, I was thinking about you the other day...I have decided that among a few other things, I resolve to coupon in the new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome. I can only imagine how much fun it is when the store owes you money.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DEZMOND: It's a fun show to watch, I enjoy it BUT, now that I know the tricks, I see how they cheat.

    Don't much care for the cheating, but it's a show in extremes. Every now and then they show a couponer following the guidelines.

    I like that MUCH better.

    PS: No coupons???? Yikes.

    mshatch: Me too but all in all, it wasn't a bad day.

    Stacy: The money helps, though sometimes I feel like I make more couponing than I do at work. Sometimes, anyway.

    Tim: You're the best Poopyhead, EVAR.

    Miss Melanie: I am most delighted to hear you're going for it. It's a wild and fun and if you need any help, please drop me a line.

    PS: I have yet to open my couponing blog but will let you know when I do. Maybe you'll find some fun stuff there as well.

    Happy Couponing :-)

    Maurice: Been at it for nearly a year, and I still get excited by overage and freebies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean about the effort to go to work after time off. If work was fun, we'd be paying to go instead of the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ken: I wish I could bake from my kitchen and make money that way.

    Ah, to dream.

    ReplyDelete